ENVIRONMENTAL COUNSELORS, INC. (ECI) is an organization of professionals engaged primarily in environmental research as well as the promotion and development of environmentally sound technologies consistent with the principles of sustainable development. It combines the technical, with the legal aspects of environmental studies.
Founded in early 1997, it is a consulting firm established by experts from various fields of environmental studies and management. Some of its members were previously from government, principally the Department of Environment and Natural Resources of the Philippines. Others were drawn from academic institutions such as the University of the Philippines. Some members came from other environmental consulting or service firms or worked with Social Development Organizations, as well as Non-Government or Non-profit Groups prior to joining ECI. ECI has been accredited by the Land Bank of the Philippines and the World Bank to provide environmental services for its finance projects.
Through the years, it has mastered expertise in handling various types of technical and compliance projects for clients in various fields such as real property development, construction, training needs, telecommunications, food manufacturing, electronics manufacturing, patenting, legal assistance in pollution cases and disputes, environmental law and regulation assessment and compliance, social assessment and development, institutional strengthening and governance, environmental management, engineering and planning, solid waste and hazardous and toxic handling air and quality assessment materials among others. It has served both the government and private sectors.
ECI is currently supported by the following divisions:
Established in 1997, ECI Services provides customized services for permits and advisory services for environmental compliance, handling due diligence and patents practice. The forte of this division includes Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), technical studies, report for compliance with environmental law and adjudicating pollution violations and cases.
- Prepare high quality technical studies and reports for clients
- Ensure timely release of documents from government agencies
- Maintain proper liaison with government agencies
- Manage client relationships in a proactive and professional manner
- Environmental Compliance Studies (for ECCs, Environmental Clearances and Permits:
- Conduct of Initial Environmental Examinations (IEEs) for Industries, Commercial Establishments and other concerns located in environmentally critical areas
- Conduct of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) for Heavy Industries, Resource Extractive Industries, Infrastructure Projects, Mining, Land Development Projects, and other Projects
- Environmental Compliance and related due diligence Audits for Industries and other enterprises (for ISO 14000 and pre-aqcuisition due diligence)
- Hazardous and Toxic Substance Review and Analysis for consumer goods and products
- Environmental Risk Assessment and Environmental management Planning
- Environmental Planning & Management Services
- Land-use planning and resources management
- Social Acceptability Designs of Development Projects
- Solid Waste Management Planning , Air and Water Quality Analysis
- Environmental Legal Services
- Environmental law compliance, pollution adjudication and general legal and permitting assistance;
- Patenting and copyright of environmental products and technologies
- Environmental legal Assistance for environmental firms and companies’ Environmental legal research and opinions for research projects
ECI Systems, the management consulting division established in 2002 designs programs and coaches companies in developing appropriate management system related to environment and Quality management. The forte of this division is Environment Management System for ISO 14001 certification. Other works include Environmental Engineering, Process Design Optimization, Technical Evaluations and Review of Design, social acceptability and assessment and stakeholder management.
- Effective and proactive approach in providing information and support in order to influence the delivery of quality service which lead towards a nationwide coverage in terms of environmental management system and services.
- Establish close coordination with the clients through strong partnership and information dissemination in environmental campaigns and services.
- Environmental Engineering, including waste minimization studies and design of waste treatment and pollution control facilities
- Process Design Optimization of Pollution Control Facilities and industrial processes, Feasibility Studies in rehabilitations or Modification of Existing Pollution Control facilities
- Technical Evaluations and Reviews of Design documents for Pollution Control Facilities
- Social Acceptability and Assessment
- Stakeholder Management Systems- these include assessment, development and integration into current quality management standards
Environmental Training Institute (ETI)
This ECI division established in 2004 provides customized and public training courses on environment and natural resources management. To date, hundreds of training programs has been conducted both at its training center in Manila and other parts of the country. The trainings offered include Introduction and Orientation Seminars, Environmental Law and Regulations seminar, DENR-EMB approved Modular Training Course for Pollution Control officers, Technical Seminars and Training Programs.
To provide information and knowledge on environmental laws, health and safety management as well as environmental compliance towards sustainable development.
Seminar and Trainings Offered
- Introduction and orientation seminars
- The Philippine Environment Impact Statement System
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) System
- Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Environmental Compliance Auditing Procedure
- Environmental Law and Regulations Seminar, including regulations in compliance with international covenants, agreements and statutes (separate seminar designs available for lawyers, laypersons and technical personnel)
- DENR-EMB-Approved Modular Training Course for Pollution Control Officers (PCOs): A comprehensive seminar series on environmental laws and DENR enforcement procedures and methods.
- Technical Seminars and Training Programs
- Environment Conflict Management (ECM) Course
- Basic Environmental Awareness Course for Teachers (BE-ACT)
- Environmental Compliance Document Preparation Course (DOCPREP)
- Stakeholder Management Program (SMP)
Southern Environmental Management and Corporate Services (SEMCOR)
Established in 2007, SEMCOR is the environmental management partner in Visayas and Mindanao integrating all services and program offerings, based in Cagayan de Oro City with coordinators in Davao and Cebu.
- We will provide cost-effective, high quality environmental management services and related work in training and business process development for the best interest of our customers, employees, shareholders and the community.
- We shall endeavor to achieve excellence in customer service by continuously cultivating skills, competencies, a healthy attitude positive attitude and performance results.
- We shall further strive to create business relationships that are productive, customer focused and service-oriented, based on a respect for environmental laws and internationally accepted principles of environmental management and productivity.
- Air and Water sampling
- Industrial emissions stack sampling
- Environmental Management planning
- Environmental Impact Assessment, permits and clearances
- Pollution Assessment and Correction
- Environmental Site Assessment and Planning
- Hazardous Waste Management and Disposal
- Training Services
- International Standards (ISO) Consulting and Coaching
- Management Systems and Business Process Efficiency
- Cleaner Production Assessment and Planning
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Maintenance
This newly establish division in 2008, provides an array of services to support the technical and financial viability of resource-based business in forestry, minerals and marine resources.
- Project feasibility studies
- Due diligence
- Natural resource assessment
- Permit application
Some of our clients
- Shell Companies in the Philippines
- Manila Water Company
- La Farge Cement
- Kingdom of Bhutan
- Ford Group Philippines
- Asian Terminals, Inc.
- Manila Jockey Club
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company
- Salcon Power Corporation
- Sta. Clara Power Corporation
- Philippine MAKRO
- Lafayette Mining
- Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority
- Philippine Recyclers, Inc.
- McDonalds Philippines
- Fort Bonifacio Development Corporation
- Petron Corporation
- PHINMA Group
- Texwipe Philippines, Inc.
- Rustan's Centralized Bake Shop, Pasig
- K2 Fine Metal Corp.
- CEZ, Cavite
- Sankyo Seiki Philippines Manufacturing Facility
- Dream Broadcasting System Digital Broadcast Facility
- CSEZ Pampanga
- Green Circle Properties
- Antipolo Properties
- Masbate Fish Port
- First Balfour, Inc.
- AB Foods, Inc.
- Singapore Airlines Engineering
- DCCD Engineering Corporation
- Cebu Pacific Air
- Corinthian Properties
- Print Town Industrial Estate
- Ayala Property Management Corporation
- Pancake House Group
- Globe Telecoms, Inc
- Digitel/Alcatel Philippines
Environmental Counselors, Inc.
Address: Unit E, 9th Floor, Strata 100 Bldg, Emerald Ave, Ortigas Center,
Phone: +63 2 637 6626 to 27
ECI Visayas Mindanao
Address: 3 A Telstar St,
GSIS Heights, Matina,
Phone: 082 275 8624
Mobile: 0920 905 9709
Find us on Google Maps (Pasig)
back to top
back to previous page
back to business directory home page
Environmental Counselors, Inc.